On Saturday, April 16 from 10am-3pm, join us for Family Festival: Earth Day for Kids, an amazing day of family-friendly activities in celebration of Earth Day at the Olympic Sculpture Park! This event is presented by Target.
Explore making green art and check out fantastic live performances celebrating sustainability and giving planet Earth some much-needed TLC. Plus, dancers from Cornish College of the Arts will bring Nick Cave’s Soundsuits to life with special performances at 11:00 a.m. and noon!
Here are just a few of the activities for your family to enjoy:
- Plant some veggies in a pot you decorate by hand with CoolMom
- Grab chalk and draw animals and trees to transform the sidewalk into a green wonderland
- Build you own kite to decorate and fly with the Drachen Foundation
- Create brilliant paper cut-outs from recycled papers
- See the plants we can use to make beautiful and earth-friendly dyes
- Make a flower collage and learn more about sustainable farming in Kenya
- Sketch the live plants growing from a real nurse log with artist Ryan Finnerty
- Make your own wearable art with Earthbongo
- Drop by a play station designed especially for children under age 5.
Special thanks to our community partners: Arts Corps, Colorific Kids, CoolMom, Drachen Foundation, Earthbongo, Mwanzo Proud Farmers, Rare Care, Seattle Tilth, Washington Park Arboretum.
Earth Day for Kids at the Olympic Sculpture Park is free and open to the public and no registration is required. See you there!