On Friday, September 16 from 10 am – 2 pm, SAM and The Trust for Public Land will bring PARK(ing) Day downtown by hijacking parking spots, feeding the meters and adding a few more square feet of green space to Seattle.
Developed by Rebar, PARK(ing) Day is a one-day global event in which artists, activists and citizens collaborate to transform parking spots into temporary public parks.
Come visit our temporary park by Hammering Man on University Street between First and Second Avene, and check out a variety of fun activities:
- All ages hands-on art making with teaching artist Elizabeth Humphrey
- An artist-designed cornhole game (bean bag toss)
- A 12 pm concert by classically trained sarod and tabla musician James Whetzel
- Interactive photo/design activity led by Seattle Design Festival
- “What’s Your Park Personality” quiz by TPL
Also, make a purchase of at least $10 at SAM SHOP on Friday and get a free Olympic Sculpture Park t-shirt!
PARK(ing) Day is free and open to the public. Visit us at our pop-up park, and then come inside the museum to enjoy more art.
-Madeline Moy, Digital Media Manager