It is hard to believe that we are entering the final weekend days to catch Picasso: Masterpieces from the Musée National Picasso, Paris!
We’ll be updating this blog post regularlyas regularly as we possibly can with the current ticket situation, so you can check out what timeslots are currently being sold on site and any other urgent information. Be sure to check out this blog before you come!
* MONDAY, JANUARY 17, 2011
10:45 – We are sold out folks! It’s been quite the weekend and an amazing three months. Thank you Seattle!
8:52 pm – Almost done with the 10:40 pm timeslot. One more timeslot left!
7:52 pm- We have about 25 tix left for the 10:20 timeslot.
6:54 pm – We are now at 10 pm timeslot. Last timeslot is 11 p.m. We are open until midnight. Come on down!
6:02 – Still plenty of tickets for 9:40 and later with no line.
5:40 pm – The next timeslot available is now 9:20 pm and we have very little line. Come on down!
3:50 pm – We are selling for 8:40 p.m – Members are pretty much getting tix right away. To join as a member it is about 30 minutes and general admission is estimated at 1 hour.
12pm- General admission line is probably a 3-4 hour wait. At the desk, curently selling tickets for 1:20pm.
Members express line is 15 minute wait to get a ticket. Member sign up line about an hour and a half wait.
9:43am – General admissions line is currently about a block long. Members line not as long. Opening at 10am.
There are already people lining up. Looks like the crowd is not too great, yet. Get there soon to be near the front of the line!
MEMBERS: line up at the 1st and Union entrance (also line up here if you want to join today)
GENERAL ADMISSION:line up at 1st and University, near Hammering Man
Good morning! As soon as we have a report on the lineup we’ll update you here. If you are already in line, update us on the situation in the comments of this blog!
Don’t forget:We’re open until midnight tonight!
Be sure to scroll down to read general information about visiting the show.
- Advance Tickets Right now, tickets are available on-site only, and can be purchased on the same day you wish to visit. Not all tickets are allocated for advance sales; a limited number of tickets are reserved for day-of admission.
- Day-Of TicketsDay-of tickets are available on site at SAM Downtown only. These tickets are limited in number, and sell-out quickly, so, depending on the crowd, you may only be able to purchase tickets for a timeslot later in the day. For example, if you arrive at SAM at 11:30 am, you may receive tickets for noon or 12:20, but if there was a mad rush that morning, slots could have sold out until 4 pm entry or later. Our best advice is to get here early and be flexible. Please know that we are working hard to provide the best possible experience for everybody!
- No Phone Confirmation We cannot confirm on-site ticket availability via phone. As much as we’d like to provide this service, we just don’t have the staff. The blog is the best place for up-to-date information.
- What about members? Will buying a membership get me a ticket?Members always receive priority access to on site tickets. Members can get their on site tickets at the Membership Services Desk, and avoid the longer, general ticket line. There will still likely be a wait, and you and will have to wait for the next available timeslot.
- While You’re Waiting… If you’ve got some time before your entry, download the audio guide and get a head start. You can get the MP3 files, podcast or a transcript here. You can also get a bite to eat at TASTE Restaurant, visit the SAM SHOP or stroll through the rest of the museum. Your Picasso ticket is valid for all of the SAM Collection Galleries all day. It also gains you free access to the Seattle Asian Art Museum.
You can find information on hours, parking and other logistics at picassoinseattle.org.