The man was in a hurry. He had his cell phone pressed to his ear and appeared to be having a very serious conversation. As he listened intently to the other person on the line, he opened the door to exit the office building.
The man came to an abrupt stop and blinked in amazement. Then a huge smile spread across his face.
March to the Center of the Earth: Community Night Out is going to be a fantastic evening of live music, dance, education and art making. Plus there will be a special Soundsuit performance by Spectrum Dance Theatre. All of these activities are free and open to all ages!
Leo, the Molly Moon’s ice cream truck, will be bringing scoops and smiles to March to the Center of the Earth: Community Night Out on May 5 at SAM Downtown.
Feeling more like a savory snack? Dante’s Inferno Dogs will also be at the event.
And of course TASTE will be providing tasty treats as well.
Photo credit: Madeline Moy
The businesses on First Avenue that we’re happy to call our neighbors are getting in the spirit for March to the Center of the Earth: Community Night Out on May 5. Be sure to visit them and thank them for their support!
- BOKA at Hotel 1000 will be handing out bags of gourmet, house-made salted caramel kettle corn.
- Mary Elizabeth and Cindi at Goldmine Design are decorating their windows Nick Cave-style and are hosting an open studio event.
- JoJo at Pala Pala Dress Boutique will be handing out coupons during the parade and is generously donating items for the Community Night Out scavenger hunt.
- At sandylew, they will be handing out maracas made of upcycled plastic water bottles.
- Watson Kennedy will be extending their hours and will also be donating items for the Community Night Out scavenger hunt.
- Fran’s Chocolates is donating three $15 gift cards to use as scavenger hunt prizes.
- Ancient Grounds and The Alexis Hotel are spreading the word about Community Night Out to their customers.
Photo courtesy of Goldmine Design
We’re proud to have a diverse group of organizations participating in March to the Center of the Earth: Community Night Out on May 5. Is your organization going to part of the fun? Post your name in the comments section, and we’ll add you to the official list.
More than 200 artworks from middle and high school students from Seattle Public Schools will be on display May 5-June 5, 2011 at the Seattle Art Museum as part of the annual Naramore Middle and High Art Show. Continue Reading…
I can’t wait to see the wearable art that people are creating for March to the Center of the Earth: Community Night Out on May 5. The evening will kick off with a fantastic parade that starts at the Hammering Man at 5:30 p.m.
If you want a quick and easy way to make something special for Community Night Out, click here now to download instructions and pattern for a DIY flag.
Or come to SAM’s Chase Open Studio at 4:30 p.m. (an hour before the parade begins) to whip up some wearable art of your own. It’s free!
Of course you’re coming to March to the Center of the Earth: Community Night Out on May 5.
The question is: Are you prepared to look FABULOUS?
This evening stop by the Chase Open Studio 5:45-8:45 pm to create your wearable art for Community Night Out. We have TONS of things that would give your look some F-L-A-R-E including fabric, sequins, feathers and more.
If you can’t make it tonight, the Open Studio will be available at 4:30 pm on May 5 an hour before the March to the Center of the Earth parade begins.
For inspiration, check out these photos from a recent SAM Creates workshop with artist Mandy Greer.