It’s that time of year when most of us become obsessed with “lists”. We’ve got holiday gift lists, grocery store lists, New Year’s resolution lists, party lists… it goes on and on. Even Santa has a list! We don’t want to add to your holiday stress, but we do want to add another list to your lists!
1. Take a quiet break from the In-laws. Sneak away to the Seattle Asian Art Museum and see “Wang Huaiqing: A Painter’s Painter in Contemporary China”.
2. Are your ‘lists’ getting the best of you? Take a moment and cry. It’s really ok. Like Picasso’s “Weeping Woman”, you might be the inspiration for a great work of art.
3. SAM Shop: Check out the Morph Pad. Is it a White Elephant gift or Secret Santa? Curious?
4. SAM TASTE: One word – Frites. Ok…it’s more than one word. Frites, remoulade and a glass of wine!
5. Kiss your special someone while standing in front of Picasso’s “Le Baiser”…just for the fun of it.
6. Olympic Sculpture Park: Stare down one of the Eyeball Benches…see who blinks first.
7. Nick Cave… Get a head start on next year’s family holiday card. Take a picture in front of Nick Cave’s Caterpillar Suit I.
8. Take a look at the Tiffany Tankard. Fruits? Vegetables? See if you can tell one from the other.
9. Memorize Picasso’s full name. “Pablo Diego José Francisco de Paula Juan Nepomuceno Maria de los Remedios Cipriano de la Santisima Trinidad Ruiz y Picasso.” Seriously.
10. From the SAM staff, have a great holiday season and a wonderful New Year! Thank you for your support.
Joice Barnard, SAM PR